AWD #351: Violating Holy Ground
Violating Holy Ground
Summary: A group of Orions's marines head to Picon to collect a part for engineering. Things do not go entirely to plan.
Date: 07/06/2016
Related Logs: None
Randy Dreyer Lleufer Fischer Brina Kapali 
Bombed out airfield.
Pitted runway, buildings in various states of ruin, midges.
AWD #351

The mission brief had been simple, engineering need a phased flow capacitor for their work on Iron Pilgrim, there isn't a spare one in the fleet, but intel at Anvil have helpfully been able to pinpoint a site on Picon that should have one. It's a remote, private airfield and attached industrial complex that was bombed on war day, and largely forgotten about since. It's of no strategic value to the fleet, and no activity has been spotted in its vicinity meaning this should be a simple mission. Locate the part, it's fairly distinctive, and bring it back. It'll probably take two people to lift, so the team sent is slightly larger than might be expected, but the aircrew are in good spirits as they jump into Picon space. The check-in with Spree's forces is done by radio, and then they're descending down towards the overgrown ruins. The terrane is sub-tropical, and the bomb damage means the raptor has to set down at the far end of the runway, but as the hatch is cracked there is the faint sound of birdsong in the air.

Randy hops out of the hatch and pulls her rifle into a relaxed position. "Dreyer, you take point. Fischer and Ynyr, then O'Connell and Kapali. I'll take the rear. Everyone's seen the diagram of what we're looking for," Which Randy provided on the flight over. "Let's head towards the compound and look for docking bays," for big old fat trucks. "Any questions, concerns?"

Adapting to wearing a radio pack is something that will take Dreyer some time, but an outing like this? Perfect opportunity. It's meant a reshuffling of some of his other gear, but the man doesn't give up the rifle, ammo, or standard issue grenades. On the flight out, he did as he usually does: napped. The lack of a helmet (what with radio) is still a new one on him, but he has a knit cap pulled down over his ears instead. The shuddering of the landing gear and the spindown of engines is enough to wake him and Anton swallows a yawn as he checks over everything. To Randy's orders, he gives a sort of up-nod of understanding and ducks out of the hatch, to the wing, and a light hop to the ground. The open air makes the initial sweep as the next in line and so on hops down easy enough. He'll keep his rifle up until others are boots on ground and then starts checking the radio gear to make sure all is operating properly. "Comms check," he offers into the mic, keyed into the Raptor. Always good to make sure before you need them later and find out something is amiss.

Lleufer has been chosen to come along and the Aerilon is glad to get off ship. The MP Sergeant is kitted out in combat ground fatigues, heavy body armor, rifle and so forth just like the rest of them. He has his helmet on and is relaxed, listening to the others and waiting until they are down. When they are down, he unstraps and prepares to disembark; ready to make certain all is secure as they unload. Ynyr keeps an ear open for orders, eyes sharp, then nods, "Understood." He doesn't have any questions. He sorts himself out in the order Sgt Flynn has set them to, taking a good look around.

"Home, sweet home," Fischer mutters as they enter Picon space, looking out there as they arrive at the right location, stretching momentarily. Nodding at Randy's words, he moves into position. "Got it," he replies, keeping his rifle ready as he looks around carefully.

O'Connell's been quiet, the MP not exactly feeling chatty. She's kept close to Lleufer as well, just because her brain still defaults into believing he's in charge even when he isn't. Randy gets a nod as she gets ready to disembark. "Hopefully we can get in, get the shit and get back out," is muttered. "Without getting shot," she adds in hindsight.

Emerging from the Raptor with O'Connell as her dance partner, Kapali shares a sidelong eye-squint at Brina, "Don't pull a jinx on the whole thing right out of the gate," she says in a low voice as she pans left, right, then up and around and back again. She moves as the rest of the squad moves, keeping her rifle tucked in close, finger just off of the trigger. The weight of the combat gear and helmet, the EOD kit and the usual minutiae that she has sorted and packed into various pockets and pouches is a familiar weight, and the pint sized engineer gives a small bounce in her newly issued boots, glad to no longer be wearing a pair patched with black engineering tape. A single slap of one hand kills the first of many insects as she moves.

Randy squints down into the distance and nods brusquely, "That's the plan. No one is /supposed/ to be here, but that doesn't mean we have to make a giant ruckus doing our business. Alright." She pulls her kit from the raptor before the hatch closes and attaches it over her shoulder off of some straps. They're long enough that she can swivel the kit underneath her arm. It's a non-standard rigging, but their gear has plenty of places to take advantage and keep it secure. She gives Dreyer a glance, making sure he's ready before giving the signal to move out.

The ECO is happy to confirm that the radio link seems to be working fine and then closes the hatch. Looks like they're staying, but not taking chances. As the squad start to pick their way round the craters, bombed out craft, and other assorted debris there's a gentle quiet, the only sound coming from teh occasional bird call, or rustle of cloth in the breeze.

As they get moving, Ynyr gives Dreyer and Fish a little lead time so they aren't bunched up, but spread slightly. Lleu stays silent and except for a glance back along the line, his attention is for everything up ahead around them. Especially anything that could provide concealment. He moves quietly and keeps his rifle ready to cover as they start moving through anything that obstructs their view. His pale grey eyes also drop often to scan the ground for signs of anything. Prints, possible traps, things of interest.

Keeping a weather eye on the sky, literally, as they are actually in weather for a change, Kapali slaps another bug good and dead as she continues to move at that brisk but cautious pace. Frequent glances are sent skyward, as much appreciating the view of the sky as searching for things that might be in the sky that would land and go kersplat on any of the marines in this squad. Save for hearing the small amount of comm chatter, she doesn't contribute to the chatter save for tuning one ear to it and listening to the sound of the jungle and the incessant hum and wine of those bugs.

The lack of the usual armor weight has been replaced by the radio. Not a JTAC's full kit, but definitely a WIRELO's backpack-radio. It's enough to make Dreyer's first few strides away from the Raptor a bit awkward. Once he's got the hang of it, however, the man moves fairly easy. It's not too quick a pace, but it's quick enough. From cover point to cover point among the larger pieces of debris. He'll move forward to one, stop, survey the runway ahead, then gesture for the rest of the pack to follow. Easy enough, thus far.

Fischer smiles a bit to himself as they start to move off, but keeping his attention on their surroundings. He stays quiet as he looks around, movement careful, yet somehow relaxed.

Brina looks at Kapali and then Randy, giving each a nod. Everyone else is glanced at quickly at the same time she falls into formation. Eyes kept opened and moving, she has her rifle at the ready, just in case. Situations like this are unpredictable, at best, and she'd hate to be caught unaware and not ready if it comes time to need to shoot.

<FS3> Dreyer rolls Alertness: Great Success.

Flynn positions herself a little out to the side of everyone and a little further back than a taller person might. It gives her a good angle on the group and allows her to note Dreyer's progress while keeping an eye on their tail. Rifle at ready, moments of pause to get the all clear are used to survey the debris and points of interest, spot things like long term storage hangars or anything else that might be a likely spot for a phased flow capacitor, but she makes sure to check back in on Dreyer's situation so she doesn't miss the signal for them to move and also, just in case. Her feet are sure on the bombed out terrain. This is EOD territory. Disaster zones? Yes please.

Lleufer did not forget /his/ bug spray. No annoyed skin slapping for him. Ynyr's being quiet, listening to the natural sounds around them as they move along.

With careful progress the marines pick their way through the debris towards the bombed out buildings and workshops. All being well the part they need should be in hanger 3, which the map places as a few buildings along. Now their closer there's an occasional sound of creaking of rusted cranes and other equipment in the faint breeze, and of course, the ever present buzzing of those biting insects.
There's no sign of anything amiss right up until Dreyer draws level with the air strips fire station, when from the roof of one of the buildings ahead, there comes the unmistakable sound of a shotgun being fired and a voice bellows out, "BE GONE FROM HERE OR BY THE LADIES MIGHT WE WILL FORCE YOU BACK. YOU VIOLATE HOLY GROUND, AND WILL WE NOT TOLERATE SUCH DEFILEMENT." That, you might think, would be distraction enough, but from his positon the point man catches a flicker of movement to his left.

<FS3> Randy rolls Reaction: Success.
<FS3> Brina rolls Reaction: Failure.
<FS3> Kapali rolls Reaction: Success.
<FS3> Lleufer rolls Reaction: Failure.
<FS3> Dreyer rolls Reaction: Failure.
<FS3> Fischer rolls Reaction: Failure.

Kapali brings her rifle up with a sudden snap of movement, taking bead first on the rooftop where the shotgun round was fired from, then panning left and right, up and back again, searching for more snipers on the nearby rooftops or other vantage points. Her expression shifts to one that is fiercely intent as she checks her dance partner (O'Connell) first then the rest of the team. "Sniper, rooftop, Sarge," Kapali's voice is pitched just loud enough for the comm to pick up, and not a decibel more, continuing to sweep for visible sniper nests.

<COMBAT> Emma attacks Dreyer with Rifle Ap but MISSES!

"Take cover and cover Dreyer's position, now," Randy says in a low resolute voice to the group of marines. "I don't want us to be a clump of sitting ducks to hit all at once." She moves to get some cover and shouts through cupped hands, "We just want some hunk of junk on your holy land. Can you get it for us? Then we won't have to desecrate it!"

And it's right when passing from point to point that Dreyer spots it. A sniper up and to his left. "Shit!" He sees the flash off the muzzle just in time to dive toward another craft. It's not away from that shouty-shotgun-wielder so obvious to the rest of the group. No, he's looking left and just as he dives, a rifle round impacts a wall behind where his head just was seconds earlier. "Hold, hold. We've got snipers." It's nearly hissed into the comms. He's drawing up his rifle even as he settles in across that gap, safety off and drawing up to sight out that sniper.

O'Connell's paying attention to her surroundings but even then she's slow to react to the man, the sound of the weapon and the yelling taking a bit longer to register with her. Wincing, she tries to dive for cover but, again, she's not as quick on her feet, perhaps having her training suffer for being a glorified police officer despite all the practice they try to get in.

A bit of a delayed reaction time as Fischer starts moving for some cover. "Where?" he calls out, frowning as he looks around carefully. Trying to get his rifle ready.

Those of the marines scanning the surroundings might catch a few movements out of the corners of their eyes, where indeterminate shapes take up positions in upper floor windows and similarly covered firing positons. There's maybe half a dozen, and no sign of that scanning red light they've become used to. As Randy's words ring there's a faintly mocking laugh from the rooftop, and an old man steps into view, lower half of his body hidden by the parapet, and upper half protected by what looks to be an old fleet surplus flak jacket. Reloading his shotgun he calls back, apparently unafraid of being shot, "I SAID BE GONE. HER WILL IS THAT ONLY THE PURE MAY ENTER HERE. CYLONS AND THEIR TRAITORUS FOLLOWERS WILL BE EXECUTED SHOULD THEY REMAIN. TAKE NOT ONE STEP FURTHER, BUT RETURN TO YOUR CRAFT AND BE GONE. THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING."

"Do not advance. Keep your distance so we maintain the range advantage." Randy quickly scans around them from her position to see if she can spot anymore enemies. Randy spots O'Connell's dive for cover and she keeps her rifle anchored over a bombed out husk of a stair-car. "We are enemies of the Cylons. Colonial Fleet! MOVE YOUR MEN BACK OR WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RETURN TO OUR CRAFT!" Of course Randy has no intention of leaving without completing their mission. "WE REQUIRE SAFE PASSAGE!" She numbers off the men to her nearby squadmates. "NOR WILL WE BE ABLE TO GUARANTEE A BLOODLESS RESOLUTION."

<FS3> Randy rolls Bartering-4: Success.

Lleufer was out in the open. He moves fast for cover as quick as he can and listens for orders, eyes sharp to seek for targets. His rifle is up as he looks though he'll hold his fire. "Somebody needs to ask them who the Lady is that they serve!" Yanno, if Randy thinks that's a good idea. The Sergeant shuts up to wait, watching closely whatever targets he can make out and choosing one, then waits for orders.

"Flight," a quick call to the Raptor. "We're under fire. Humans. Hold for further." Because it's always good to make sure your ride out knows what's going on. That shotgun blast, at least, may have been heard at the other end of the runway. Dreyer draws his rifle back up into his shoulder and lays aim in the direction he was shot from. Oh, no, he's not letting that one go. Not right away. His finger is laying next to the trigger, not on it. He'll at least allow the discussion to be had. Then, as Ynyr calls out, his own voice on the comms: "Was about to ask the same thing. Which Lady? Might be able to use that in your, ah… talks there, Flynn."

Moving almost as soon as Flynn is done speaking, Kapali dives for cover near Dreyer, keeping part of her attention on his position and the rest on the now rather unfriendly surround. She notes the windows and over watch positions where movement can be spotted, but apparently decides that all windows and roof tops are suspect and scans from one such window or roof top to the next, never resting her attention on any one specific direction.

"WE'VE SEEN YOUR LIKES BEFORE," the man calls back, closing hte breach on his shotgun again and cradling it across his chest, "YOU LOOK HUMAN, BUT YOUR NOT. oR YOU'VE BEEN TURNED BY THEM. WE DON'T CARE WHICH. YOU'RE ALL THE SAME TO US." He looks to be about ready to step backwards and drop out of sight again, when he tilts his head faintly at Randy's words and calls again, "YOU CAN HAVE SAFE PASSAGE BACK TO YOUR SHIP, YOU HAVE MY WORD. OR THROW DOWN YOUR WEAPONS AND SURRENDER TO HER JUDGEMENT. DECIDE QUICKLY."

"WAIT! YOU MUST HAVE A WAY TO PROVE FOLLOWERS' PURENESS! Tell us of the Lady you serve and what we must do to ask her for what we seek," or some RPG language Randy's been exposed to while ice fishing on Aquaria. "Allow us a chance to prove our purity. Please!" Yes, she'll use anything at her disposal. If anything, she's providing some kind of distraction, best case scenario, they can turn this guns guns guns situation into something else. Randy Flynn. Pure. Cough cough. "Hold your fire…" She lifts her hand above the stairs on the cars so her unit can see her hand signal. She's holding, holding, and yeah, risking that hand in the process, but this shows good will right? "What does her judgement entail?" Randy, decides to put /her/ rifle on the ground, but gives no order for the rest of the unit to do so. It's a bold show of partial compliance. Either the EOD is an idiot, insane, or both. "We are not your enemy, but if you attack, we will have no choice but to defend ourselves," she adds as she hopes to get just a little bit more out of the negotiations.

While all the shouting is going on, that is 'negotiating', Kapali continues to pan left, scan, up, scan, right, scan, then back again before taking aim on the shouty man once more and maintaining her position at that point. So focused is she that the annoying buzzing insects are no longer a distraction, a decision she will likely regret later.

Brina finally gets to cover and takes to a knee behind whatever will hopefully provide to be a good shield if it comes down to a fire fight. A quick glance is given to some of the others without turning her head to do so, it done out of the corner of her gaze and nothing else.

<FS3> Kapali rolls Alertness-4: Good Success.
<FS3> Fischer rolls Alertness-4: Success.

Keeping his rifle ready, Fischer listens carefully to the words now. "Must be a way to solve this…" he mutters, glancing around briefly, then back towards the man on the other end. Taking some deep breaths in the process.

There's a glance to Kapali and a brief nod. It's the remains of some craft or another, but it provides a measure of cover. Dreyer still has his rifle tucked into his shoulder and still sights down it at that damn sniper. Finger resting, light, alongside the trigger. Just in case. Just holding. The only 'break' from the positioning is to lift a hand to the collar of his fatigues and pull it up against his neck. A small warding motion against the insects. It leaves his face and other gaps by his ears and neck still at risk, but at least the uniform covers most things. Does he throw down his weapon? Nope. Does he start offering quick glances to the other visible bandits, as Randy sets down her weapon? Hell yes.

There's a faint smile from the man on the roof as Randy puts her gun down. "SHE IS AN ORACLE," he calls back in answer to the question posed, "SHE ALONE CAN DETERMINE WHO IS STILL PURE AT HEART. SEE WHO HAS NOPT BEEN WARPED AND TWISTED BY THEIR MECHANICAL OVERLORDS. ANY WHO SURRENDER NOW WILL BE TAKEN BEFORE HER SO THAT SHE MIGHT SEE THE TRUTH."

Sharing a subtle nod with Dreyer, Kapali's eyes continue to remain narrowed and focused on the speaker and, after another moment of hard concentration Kapali speaks into the comm in a quiet voice. "Sarge, that cloth tied round his arm, it has a mark on it that those death nutsos use, the ah . . Hades ones, Lord of Death sigil, I mean."

"Yeah, no." Whatever it's worth, that is Lleufer Ynyr's low spoken opinion to himself on trusting some religious nutjobs. But it's not his decision to make. He keeps his rifle up, trying to keep tabs to aim on one of the figures up above if they don't shift about on him. The Aerilon Sergeant otherwise doesn't move, sticking tight to the bit of cover he's plastered himself up against as he waits.

"I didn't come here just to frakking surrender to some zealot and his peons." Like Lleufer, Brina's careful when speaking and keeps her voice low enough so only their people can hear her. Her rifle is still aimed at one of the others, her eyes narrowed. Yes, she's expecting this to become a fire fight.

Randy's brain is running the numbers, running the numbers and wondering if there might be more forces inside. Are these just the ones called out to take out the trash? She glances over towards Kapali and Dreyer at the other EOD's words. "We are here to get the flux capacitor. If that means dealing with a religious sect, then we have to deal with a religious sect. Take advantage of this, we may be outnumbered," she murmurs into her earpiece. "I will not speak for everyone in my party!" she shouts. "Faith is personal, and faith in strangers is difficult enough in these times - Allow me an escort and I will surrender to the judgement of the oracle along with anyone else who is willing from my party." That is, assuming anyone would want to escort her. "I would ask that you allow the rest of the group to remain on the runway unharmed until my /safe/ return."

<FS3> Randy rolls Bartering-4: Success.

Nope, Ynyr's not lowering his rifle. Lleufer keeps a sharp eye on the people up there and dares only a glance in Flynn's direction. He scowls and looks like he -really- wants to say something, but no. He doesn't say a word. Ynyr draws a slow breath and bides his time to wait and see, rifle still up.

Brina might have the urge to face palm or otherwise allow her reaction to show but no. That'd be bad. She needs to act impassive if nothing else. Her jaw does tense as her teeth are clenched but that's the only outward sign of displeasure she lets on her features. Eyes kept forward and aim kept as true as it can be at this distance.

The guns of those semi-hidden marksmen in their elevated positions do not move while the man on the roof considers Randy's words. The silence holds for a few seconds before he reaches up and taps his ear, then mutters something, quite clearly communicating with his own people out of ear shot of the invaders. That done, he calls back, "VERY WELL. LEAVE YOUR WEAPONS AND ARMOUR WHERE YOU ARE AND STEP FORWARD TOWEARDS THE DOOR TO YOUR LEFT. NI SUDDEN MOVEMENTS, OR WE WILLT AKE IT AS A SIGN OF HOSTILITY TOWARDS OUR LADY AND WILL BE FORCED TO RESPOND ACCORDINGLY." He then steps back a pace, further out of sight, and taps his ear again, and sure enough a middle aged lass steps out slowly, from the approximate area the shot at Dreyer had come from, and beckons Randy to follow her. Not that she's dropped her rifle mind, but it is at least not pointing directly at Randy as she leads the way further into the complex.

Fischer lets out some breath as he listens, staying where he is for now. He keeps silent, glancing towards the others very briefly, but otherwise keeps silent.

"Frak's sake, Flynn." Dreyer hisses this into the comms, even as their leader is about to turn herself over to what he's assuming is some crazy religious cult. "You do not willingly disarm and hand yourself over. For all you know, they're Cylon fanatics." His trigger finger twitches, sliding closer to the trigger itself. Not on it, not yet. But he's got a solid aim on that sniper and a tight focus now. At least one of these bandits isn't going to have too great a chance at harming the engineer. But he has other things to do. In case they all die in this. It's the radio to the Raptor that's hit. "Flight, we have possible Hades cultists, speaking of an Oracle. Attempting to de-escalate the situation." Because if they do die, Spree should know what the frak is up with this place. When the woman appears and beckons to Randy, his line of sight shifts to track her. Just in case.

Silently but most EMPHATICALLY agreeing with Dreyer, but keeping her mouth shut and saving all of that emphatic agreement for emphatic expressive eye balling of the new target she's shifted too, Kapali carefully wipes her left hand on her combats, shifts her grip on her rifle, wipes her other hand, then back again. Sure, it kills time, but keeps her hands steady. "Sarge, it walks like a trap, talks like a trap, quacks like a trap," she ends up saying on channel anyway.

The one who seeks to escort Randy is already aimed at by Brina who has the strong urge to take a shot at them. Thankfully she is obedient, if nothing else, and her trigger does not get squeezed. A sigh gets exhaled as she watches, feeling powerless and something of a coward for not volunteering to go.

Much to Randy's chagrin, the woman is quite a bit larger than her, but that was to be expected. "Fanatics have explosives and weapons, I won't be unarmed," which are the famous last words of an idiot, but Randy doesn't seem to be afraid. Randy steps forward out in the open from behind her cover and walks swiftly towards the woman. Yep. "Command has now passed to Dreyer," they can hear her say before she slips further into the compound with the woman. "Hello," she offers. "You're a good shot." She just distracted the one enemy who has range on them at least.

Frowning as he watches, Fischer glances around at the various people he can see, while keeping his weapon ready. Looking a bit thoughtful, he mutters something under his breath. Waiting.

With Randy and the cultist gone an uneasy silence descends outside. There's the odd shuffling sound as people shift positions slightly to avoid losing sensation in their various extremities, but that’s about it. Well, that's about it for maybe three or four minutes anyway, while the Sergeant is being led through dusty service corridors and into the heart of the complex. Then, the man on the roof drops down out of sight and calls to his men, "BY THEIR UNWILLINGNESS THEY HAVE BEEN JUDGED. RAIN DOWN YOUR HOLY CLENSING FIRE!" And, perhaps predictably, they open fire.

<FS3> Randy rolls Alertness: Good Success.

Displaying a colorful glimpse into her education on construction sites, Kapali indulges in some carefully OFF THE CHANNEL creative swearing as she picks the best likely target from her vantage point. Target selected she also hunches down, utilizing every single shred of cover available, her end of the comm muted while she runs through her repertoire of colorful invective, Kapali is listening intently to the comm since she isn't cluttering it with her swearing. Yay, mute.

As Randy waits for the service lift, she keeps her eyes peeled, memorizing her path into the compound, surreptitiously noting exits, but most importantly, taking stock of any other cultists in the compound and anything that might be used as a weapon. She keeps the comm channel open and periodically coughs, makes a noise, or says something to let everyone outside know she's okay. "So how long have you served the Lady?"

"Flight, Flynn has entered the complex. Unarmed and unarmored. Command has been passed to me." Dreyer doesn't sound too happy about that, either. But then the shouts go up and he's quick to draw his rifle around to aim in the direction of Mr. Shoutypants. Hand back on the trigger, radio back to their local comms. "We take them out and then get Flynn back," he calls out to the team, opening fire.

"Gods damn it, Flynn." Ynyr shifts slightly behind his cover to make ready but he isn't taking his eyes off of the figure he's been tracking. Let the bastard show himself to try for a shot and Lleu has every intention of nailing the son of a bitch. He hears Dreyer but says nothing to further give away his position, unaware that one of them already knows where he's in hiding.

<COMBAT> Ermuntrude attacks Brina with Shotgun - COVER stops the attack.
<COMBAT> Marcus attacks Dreyer with Shotgun - COVER stops the attack.
<COMBAT> Lleufer fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Lleufer attacks Ermuntrude with Rifle AP - Serious wound to Chest (Reduced by Cover) (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Lleufer attacks Ermuntrude with Rifle AP - Light wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Lleufer attacks Ermuntrude with Rifle AP - COVER stops the attack.
<COMBAT> James attacks Lleufer with Pistol Ap - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Kapali fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks George with Rifle Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks George with Rifle Ap - Moderate wound to Right Leg.
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks George with Rifle Ap - Light wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Brina attacks James with Rifle Ap - COVER stops the attack.
<COMBAT> Lucas attacks Dreyer with Shotgun - COVER stops the attack.
<COMBAT> Fischer fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Fischer attacks Marcus with Rifle AP - ARMOR on Abdomen stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Fischer attacks Marcus with Rifle AP but MISSES!
<COMBAT> Fischer attacks Marcus with Rifle AP - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Dreyer fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Dreyer attacks Marcus with Rifle AP but MISSES!
<COMBAT> Dreyer attacks Marcus with Rifle AP but MISSES!
<COMBAT> Dreyer attacks Marcus with Rifle AP and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Ruth attacks Fischer with Hunting Rifle but MISSES!
<COMBAT> George attacks Kapali with Hunting Rifle - COVER stops the attack.
<COMBAT> Fischer fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Fischer attacks Marcus with Rifle AP - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Fischer attacks Marcus with Rifle AP - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Cover) (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Fischer attacks Marcus with Rifle AP and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Dreyer fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Dreyer attacks Marcus with Rifle AP - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Dreyer attacks Marcus with Rifle AP but MISSES!
<COMBAT> Dreyer attacks Marcus with Rifle AP - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Cover) (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Ermuntrude attacks Brina with Shotgun and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Lleufer fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Lleufer attacks Ermuntrude with Rifle AP - Moderate wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Lleufer attacks Ermuntrude with Rifle AP - COVER stops the attack.
<COMBAT> Lleufer attacks Ermuntrude with Rifle AP - Light wound to Chest (Reduced by Cover) (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> George attacks Kapali with Hunting Rifle - Light wound to Left Arm (Reduced by Cover).
<COMBAT> James attacks Lleufer with Pistol Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Marcus attacks Dreyer with Shotgun and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Kapali fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks George with Rifle Ap - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks George with Rifle Ap - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks George with Rifle Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Brina fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Brina attacks James with Rifle Ap - Moderate wound to Right Leg.
<COMBAT> Brina attacks James with Rifle Ap but MISSES!
<COMBAT> Brina attacks James with Rifle Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Ruth attacks Fischer with Hunting Rifle - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Lucas attacks Dreyer with Shotgun and MISSES!

<COMBAT> George has been KO'd!
<COMBAT> Ermuntrude has been KO'd!

Brina provides as small of a target as possible and between that and whatever it is she's hiding behind the one shooting at her can not get a clear shot. One of her own shots hits one of the peons in their leg. No time to celebrate that minor victory, however, not when there are still religious freaks to deal with.

Lleufer fires and hits his target at least once, and from his vantage maybe more than once but it's hard to tell. He gets tagged in turn by somebody, a hard punch to his chest that knocks some air out of him but it's a pistol round, not a rifle round. It doesn't knock him down but it did come from some other angle than the figure he's firing upon. Ynyr adjusts his position and waits the barest breath to be certain of his own target before he fires again, dropping the bastard! (Or bitch) Whoever was shooting at him misses and at once, the Marine Sergeant is looking to acquire the new target.

Dust and shrapnel explodes around Dreyer and Kapali's position; three firing on them, but missing. Mostly. He only catches Kapali being shot after a glance to check her position. The sound against the craft they're using for cover is loud and tinny, but Anton stays put. His aim, thankfully, is true; hitting the speaker for the cult solidly. Damn that armor. He can't easily see the others, but he does cast an eye on Kapali to make sure she's alright (or enough so to not call a retreat for her just yet). "Check in," he calls into the comms, even while lining up for the Speaker to reveal themselves enough to open fire once again.

"Since she came to us just after they attacked," the lass replies to Randy, she cautious, there's no denying that, but seems open to the idea of limited conversation at least. "She taught us how to survive, drove back the cylon advances in the early days, and has led us as a community since. She even foretold your coming." Anything else that might be said though is cut short as the lift arrives, complete with two more followers inside, although these two seem to be armed only with pistols, which are currently holstered. "Go with Mark and Sally," she states, gesturing Randy towards the lift, "they will prepare you for your audience." Then, that being said, she turns and jogs back in the direction they came from.

The first round that comes zipping Kapali's way takes a healthy chunk out of the seasoned wood of the crate that she's crouched behind, fine splinters spraying in every direction. Kapali fires in a controlled burst of fire at one of the shooters, ducking again with a hiss of sound as another bullet zips in her direction and slices the outer curve of her left arm. She exhales another series of low voiced remarks as she returns fire in another controlled burst, eyes narrowed as she watches her rounds finally up the ante until the target she's aiming at is probably standing before their dread god Hades blinking in surprise. She shifts target as well while feeling the uncomfortably warm seepage of blood spreading along her - until right now - undamaged set of combat fatigues. "One down," she notes on channel, only reporting chiefly for HER target.

As the bullets start to fly, Fischer manages to hit his target, but takes a shot to his chest as well. Thankfully, that shot is stopped by the armor. "Can't this fool go down soon?" he lets out, waiting for the next chance to fire.

"Then she will know that I mean no one any harm," Randy says with staggering conviction, though whether any of the cultists believe her is another story. "Well, it was nice seeing you!" Randy shouts through on the open channel, lifting her hand to wave at the retreating woman. This, of course, is meant to be a signal to her comrades that the sniper is returning to the battlefield. She nods to Mark and Sally. "Hi. Before we do this, is there any way I could use the bathroom? I've been in flight for awhile and it's just, I don't want to disrespect the Oracle," by peeing her pants? Randy dances a little, not yet stepping on the lift.

<COMBAT> Lleufer fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Lleufer attacks Lucas with Rifle AP and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Lleufer attacks Lucas with Rifle AP but MISSES!
<COMBAT> Lleufer attacks Lucas with Rifle AP and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Dreyer fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Dreyer attacks Marcus with Rifle AP - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Dreyer attacks Marcus with Rifle AP and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Dreyer attacks Marcus with Rifle AP - COVER stops the attack.
<COMBAT> Ruth attacks Fischer with Hunting Rifle - Light wound to Right Leg (Reduced by Cover).
<COMBAT> Lucas attacks Dreyer with Shotgun - COVER stops the attack.
<COMBAT> Marcus attacks Dreyer with Shotgun and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Kapali fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks Ruth with Rifle Ap - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks Ruth with Rifle Ap - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Cover) (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks Ruth with Rifle Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Fischer fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Fischer attacks Marcus with Rifle AP - Light wound to Chest.
<COMBAT> Fischer attacks Marcus with Rifle AP - Light wound to Left Arm (Reduced by Cover).
<COMBAT> Fischer attacks Marcus with Rifle AP and MISSES!
<COMBAT> James attacks Lleufer with Pistol Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Brina fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Brina attacks James with Rifle Ap - Light wound to Chest.
<COMBAT> Brina attacks James with Rifle Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Brina attacks James with Rifle Ap and MISSES!

<COMBAT> Marcus has been KO'd!

With the sniper heading back towards the fight, Mark and Sally at first smile towards Randy, then, at the odd request, their smiles turn to frowns. "It wouldn't do to keep her waiting," Sally says firmly, while Mark's hand starts to hover closer to the grip of his pistol. They have ear pieces too, and can no doubt hear what is going on outside. A point which becomes even clearer when there's a deep intake of breath fromt he pair of them and then they're both reaching for their weapons to train on Randy, "On your knees now!" Mark yells to the seargent, then, to his companion, "go! Bring the others, Marcus is down."

"Stay focused. As soon as they are down, we move out. Same path Flynn was taken." Storm the compound. It's the only option, really. They have a mission and one of their own is in there. The call over the comms catches Dreyer’s attention and even as he's making certain the Speaker has dropped, he's casting an eye towards that corridor, for the reappearance of the sniper.

Moving slightly from where she's crouched, going from one knee to the other, Kapali continues to track the movements of the same target that she's already winged. "Just die already, you creepy little death cult frak head," she mutters and narrows her eyes to focus even more and fires another controlled burst at the same target.

"Well, I suppose I could hold it..hopefully," Randy crosses her fingers and brandishes a hopeful grin at the cultists. Of course everything the cultists shout is going through the channel to her buddies. "Okay okay!" She falls to her knees and holds her hands down to her bladder-ish area as if trying to keep herself from letting loose. This puts her hands rather close to her boots as she sits back on her heels enough to make contact, but not to sink into a position she can't shift from. It begins to burn rather quickly. "Am I not going to see the Oracle?" She blinks up at the two cultists and their pistols.

Brina growls. "Why can't things go as planned? You know. Go in, get the shit, get out, go home…" There's a noticeable tone of annoyance in her voice but she doesn't say more than that, preferring to focus on the combat.

Lleufer hears Dreyer's orders over the radio comms and shifts to try and make certain of a better shot without actually leaving his cover, just yet. He is aware that all of his team is still up after a quick glance, nobody seems to be badly hurt yet (Randy being unknown), and they've dropped some of their targets. The MP Sergeant keeps his cool under fire, focused and intent as he makes ready to fire again upon a fella weilding a shotgun at somewhat closer range.

Another burst fired, and a hit taken to his leg, Fischer turn his attention to the one shooting at him. "Stop that! Either give up, or go down…" he calls out, aiming and squeezing the trigger now.

<COMBAT> Fischer fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Fischer attacks Ruth with Rifle AP - Moderate wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Cover) (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Fischer attacks Ruth with Rifle AP - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Fischer attacks Ruth with Rifle AP but MISSES!
<COMBAT> Kapali fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks Ruth with Rifle Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks Ruth with Rifle Ap - Moderate wound to Right Arm (Reduced by Cover).
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks Ruth with Rifle Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Dreyer passes.
<COMBAT> Brina fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Brina attacks James with Rifle Ap - COVER stops the attack.
<COMBAT> Brina attacks James with Rifle Ap - Moderate wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Cover).
<COMBAT> Brina attacks James with Rifle Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Ruth attacks Fischer with Hunting Rifle - COVER stops the attack.
<COMBAT> James attacks Lleufer with Pistol Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Lucas attacks Dreyer with Shotgun - Moderate wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Lleufer fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Lleufer attacks Lucas with Rifle AP - Light wound to Chest (Reduced by Cover) (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Lleufer attacks Lucas with Rifle AP - Light wound to Chest (Reduced by Cover) (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Lleufer attacks Lucas with Rifle AP - Moderate wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).

<COMBAT> James has been KO'd!

<COMBAT> Mark takes careful aim at Randy.
<COMBAT> Randy passes.

"There's only a few left! Go in after Flynn! Couple of us can keep'm busy out here!" Lleufer Ynyr speaks over the coms, intending his words for Dreyer not to worry about them out here. He then adds, "Frag out!" He almost forgot that they had grenades and if they are close enough to get fired upon with a shotgun, then at least some of them are close enough for him to throw. The MP Sergeant dares to step out of cover for a second to see if he can get a good clear throw…

Having started jogging, and then accelerated to a run because of the situation unfolding over the radio, the original sniper ends up a couple of windows down from her original place, but close enough that Dreyer can get a bead on her pretty quickly. Sally is headingthe same way, and other cultists are conversing on the sound, rallying to the defense of their family and friends. As for Mark? Well, he wavers slightly, deeply unsure if he trusts Randy or not, then, as he hears the pained screams of another close friend in his ear, he pulls the trigger.

In lining up to aim at the corridor and await the reappearance of the sniper, Dreyer is a bit at odds with return-fire upon their position. It means one of the other cultists finds an opening. His vest soaks most of the hit, but the MP does drop a bit with it, grunting. It's just a sort of exhale with the pain, causing him to lose just a second of focus. Not too much, though. Not enough to miss the sniper's approach. Not down the corridor, which means it's theoretically open. Teeth gritted and bared, he draws up his gun and aims. "We've almost got them," he offers over the comms; as much for Randy's benefit as the rest of the team. At Ynyr's call, he gives a sharp nod and watches for his opening down that corridor. "Kapali," to the woman nearby. "You're with me. Once that frag goes off, we run for it."

More rounds ping off of the same target she's been plunking away at, exchanging rounds really more than just a one sided debate with projectile rounds. Kapali exhales another hiss of breath as more rounds go zipping by her position, the sound so eerily reminiscent of an angry insect. "Copy that,

Several down but several more to go with others coming in? "Well, I suppose I'll have to cancel my dinner plans. What a shame. I even shaved my legs for it." Okay, Brina doesn't have dinner plans and no one really should ask when was the last time she shaved her legs (are razors being rationed so the guys can keep their mugs hair-free?) but it helps her to focus, the self-directed banter does. Another target is picked and shot at.

<COMBAT> Randy passes.
<COMBAT> Mark attacks Randy with Pistol Ap and MISSES!

A gunshot goes off over the channel. There's silence and a sound of shuffling as Randy ducks at the words Frag out and rolls to the side. She pulls a knife from her boot and rears back in order to launch herself at Mark as soon as her body allows her to, the knife held in a stabby mcstab position.

<COMBAT> Fischer fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Fischer attacks Ruth with Rifle AP - Light wound to Left Arm.
<COMBAT> Fischer attacks Ruth with Rifle AP - Light wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Fischer attacks Ruth with Rifle AP and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Dreyer attacks Emma with Rifle AP - Moderate wound to Right Arm.
<COMBAT> Brina fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Brina attacks Emma with Rifle Ap - Light wound to Right Hand.
<COMBAT> Brina attacks Emma with Rifle Ap - ARMOR on Neck stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Brina attacks Emma with Rifle Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Ruth attacks Lleufer with Hunting Rifle and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Emma attacks Dreyer with Rifle Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Lleufer uses a Handgrenade Frag!
<COMBAT>
<COMBAT> EXPLOSION! Right Next To Emma - Moderate wound to Head.
<COMBAT> SHRAPNEL! Emma - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> SHRAPNEL! Emma - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> SHRAPNEL! Emma - Critical wound to Left Hand.
<COMBAT> SHRAPNEL! Emma - Critical wound to Right Hand.
<COMBAT> SHRAPNEL! Emma - NEAR MISS!
<COMBAT> SHRAPNEL! Emma - Critical wound to Right Foot.
<COMBAT> SHRAPNEL! Emma - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> SHRAPNEL! Emma - Critical wound to Right Leg.
<COMBAT> SHRAPNEL! Emma - Serious wound to Left Leg.
<COMBAT> SHRAPNEL! Emma - Critical wound to Left Hand.
<COMBAT> SHRAPNEL! Emma - Moderate wound to Left Hand.
<COMBAT> SHRAPNEL! Emma - Critical wound to Left Arm.
<COMBAT> SHRAPNEL! Emma - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> SHRAPNEL! Emma - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Kapali fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks Ruth with Rifle Ap - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks Ruth with Rifle Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks Ruth with Rifle Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Lucas attacks Fischer with Shotgun and MISSES!

<COMBAT> Emma has been KO'd!
<COMBAT> Ruth has been KO'd!

<COMBAT> Randy attacks Mark with Knife - Moderate wound to Right Hand.
<COMBAT> Mark attacks Randy with Pistol Ap and MISSES!

Lleufer has exposed himself for a second to make his throw, and make it count for all he can - it's just as well that Ynyr can't remember the last days of Santos Ridge and how this trick didn't work so well for him, then. If nothing else, perhaps it will serve as the distacting cover it's meant to. Whoo! Look at the Aerilon exposing himself in his kilt! Well, no kilt, but his kit. Lleu's lucky this time and gets that grenade to go /exactly/ where he wanted it. He ducks back down and hisses, "Yes!" He makes a grab for his rifle.

"If things go sideways, get everyone back to the ship, Ynyr." This, just before the frag goes off. Dreyer's own shot misses the head of that damn sniper, but it may have been enough to keep ehr from being able to avoid the frag. Shrapnel explodes near his own head even as he's taking off from under the cover; expecting Kapali right behind him. Then it's down to a straight run towards the corridor, rifle held securely. He won't be firing, but he'll have it in hand once they're within the complex.

Mark backs up quickly as Randy pulls a knife on him, throwing hismelf backwards into the lift and firing a shot off at her as he mashes the down button in desparation. Outside things are going equally poorly for the locals, with two of their number being mown down in a mix of bullets and shrapnel leaving one lone soul to cry a manic "DEATH TO THE CYLONS!" before he charges out of cover towards Dreyer, firing wildly as he does so.

Fischer fires off another burst, before he turns to the last enemy standing, emptying his magazine now.

Randy springs forward when the frag goes off and manages to do some damage to Mark's hand before literally landing on the other side of the lift. She mashes the up button to keep the door open, forcing Mark to have to come out. She knows Dreyer and Kapali are coming, but she won't shrink back from the fight either. With Mark charging wildly, that allows Randy to plan another attack, if she can catch the man. She dashes out from the side behind him intent on doing as much damage as possible before he can get a bullet in her.

Rising to her feet as soon as her target topples over, also to presumably go meet Hades, Kapali sprints alongside Dreyer from only a handful of feet away. She dodges at random points, zigs at times, even zags to mix things up. The rifle she's carrying is snuggled in place, held low and ready, pounding alongside because running TOWARD danger is actually why she gets up in the morning.

<COMBAT> Randy attacks Mark with Knife - Serious wound to Chest.
<COMBAT> Mark attacks Randy with Pistol Ap - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).

<COMBAT> Lleufer fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Lleufer attacks Lucas with Rifle AP - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Lleufer attacks Lucas with Rifle AP - Light wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Lleufer attacks Lucas with Rifle AP - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Lucas tries to attack but has no target!
<COMBAT> Fischer fires fullauto!
<COMBAT> Fischer attacks Lucas with Rifle AP and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Fischer attacks Lucas with Rifle AP - Moderate wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Fischer attacks Lucas with Rifle AP - Light wound to Left Arm.
<COMBAT> Fischer attacks Lucas with Rifle AP and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Fischer attacks Lucas with Rifle AP and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Fischer's weapon clicks empty.
<COMBAT> Brina fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Brina attacks Lucas with Rifle Ap - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Brina attacks Lucas with Rifle Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Brina attacks Lucas with Rifle Ap and MISSES!

<COMBAT> Lucas has been KO'd!

Lleufer sees one of them break and go after Dreyer so he shoots a burst at that one to give Dreyer and Kapali cover. Fischer and Brina seem to be of the same mind. As the last one goes down, Ynyr's leaving his concealment to head for the corridor in. He shouts to what's left of their team, "Let's go!" Nope, not falling back to the LZ yet. Over the radio he says, "Understood. Clear out here! Right behind you to back you up, over!" You know, unless Dreyer orders otherwise.

While the fight outside might be over, the two marines racing to rescue their sergeant come across a lone figure racing the other way. Sally, who is hot on the trail of the sniper has a pistol out before her and is not afraid to shoot the invaders with a degree of absolute determinationt hat might be considered bordering on creepy. And as for poor Mark, well, he finally get s ashot on target, but gets a knife n his chest for his troubles. It's hard being a cultist.

Brina gets to her feet and hurries in the direction they took Randy off in, that slowed only for as long as it takes her to hang her rifle from its strap. No time is wasted in pausing to see if anyone will be joining her or stopping to loot the bodies for anything good like ammo, weapons or information. Getting Randy the frak out is way more important.

BANG. Another shot rings out over the channel as the bullet sinks into her armor and gets the blood going, quite literally. Full of adrenaline, Randy plunges her knife deep into Mark's chest, in between the ribs and twists. "I really-needed to take a piss," she squeezes out with the air she can muster into her lungs. She pulls the knife out with all the force she has to stab again.

Snapping the rifle up into position as they come face to face with the cultist who escorted Sgt Flynn out of the kill zone. She opens fire almost before she completes the thought process to consciously aim and fire. The rifle swings upward at a precise angle, the rifle snugged to her right shoulder, still ignoring the blood that is making the uniform sleeve stick to her arm. She fires off a quick burst, "Flynn, we're en-route, beware friendly fire," she exhales these words right as she's opening fire.

<COMBAT> Randy attacks Mark with Knife but Mark DODGES!
<COMBAT> Kapali fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks Sally with Rifle Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks Sally with Rifle Ap - Moderate wound to Chest.
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks Sally with Rifle Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Sally attacks Kapali with Pistol Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Mark attacks Randy with Pistol Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Dreyer fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Dreyer attacks Sally with Rifle Ap - Moderate wound to Left Arm.
<COMBAT> Dreyer attacks Sally with Rifle Ap - Moderate wound to Abdomen.
<COMBAT> Dreyer attacks Sally with Rifle Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Toby has started a new turn. Pose and choose your action.

<COMBAT> Sally has been KO'd!

Into the radio, Dreyer confirms: "Copy. Keep an eye on our flanks." He's also zigging. Just in case there's a blind spot they don't know about, but their new friends do. Shooting fellow humans is no fun, but Flynn is in danger and these folks began the shooting. And then there's Sally. Anton doesn't even call out a halt, or an attempt to get them to put down their weapons. He just opens fire, doesn't stop, and continues down the hall with only a brief hitch in speed. "One down. No other targets sighted yet." His voice is a bit breathless in the comms, but he makes sure the rest of the team is aware.

"We've got your six, over." Yynr's voice gives by way of reply to Dreyer, breathing a bit harder himself from the brief run from cover into the corridor. There he slows to advance more cautiously, rifle still up as he, Brina, and Fischer follow up from behind. "Fischer, watch our backs." Lleu glances back to make sure they are both with him, then turns his attention forward as they advance quickly, but with some care. Lleu has himself up along a wall, keeping out of the way of the rest of his team so they also have a clear line of fire.

"Down, done, dead," Kapali agrees in a quiet voice, sharing a sidelong glance with Dreyer as they continue into the compound. She sweeps left, focusing on her half of the room and trusting Dreyer to handle his half while moving forward to locate Sgt Flynn.

<COMBAT> Kapali will attack Mark this turn. Options: burst
<COMBAT> Kapali fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks Mark with Rifle Ap - Light wound to Left Leg.
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks Mark with Rifle Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks Mark with Rifle Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Dreyer tries to subdue Mark but fails.
<COMBAT> Randy attacks Mark with Knife and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Mark attacks Randy with Pistol Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Toby has started a new turn. Pose and choose your action.
<COMBAT> Kapali fires a 3 round burst!
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks Mark with Rifle Ap - Moderate wound to Right Hand.
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks Mark with Rifle Ap and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Kapali attacks Mark with Rifle Ap and MISSES!

<COMBAT> Dreyer subdues Mark!
<COMBAT> Mark passes.
<COMBAT> Randy attacks Mark with Knife but Mark DODGES!

And then they come 'round the corner. A bleeding, knife-wielding Randy in close quarters with the gun-wielding Mark. Dreyer drops his rifle to its sling and simply barrels in past Randy to attack the man. Nope, no firing when it risks hitting Flynn. Nor does he take time to warn anyone else not to fire- his bad, but it's all done fast, without thought… and though they tussle, that MP training comes out in its way and he's able to get the man secured with a knee to his back and relieved of his gun, which is kicked towards Randy. "Anyone think to grab Flynn's gear out there?" He certainly didn't. The man is panting and trying to ignore the pain from where his armor buckled.

"It's over!" Randy grits out as her blade misses her target. Who brings a knife to a gun fight? This marine. In the midst of the struggle, Randy spots Dreyer out of the corner of her eye, so she sticks to her pattern to allow him the moment he needs. It's not any of her handiwork that takes the man down. It's a split second instinct that allows her to be out of the way. "Thanks," she wipes her blade against her fatigues.

"Wonder which one of these fuk heads was the oracle," Kapali says in a voice that is faintly breathless as she pans the room slowly around and back again, only taking the time now to wind a simple pressure bandage around her arm. "I want to put boots to his or her body and ask said body if the oracle saw this coming."

"They said the oracle foretold us coming, but I'm not sure if she told them what was going to happen," or knew, but Randy doesn't seem to see any difference. She leaves it at that. She calls for her weapon and pack to be brought in, if possible. She's not going to be jogging out there to grab it herself. Breathing hard from the struggle, she leans over to put her hand and knife hand on her knees, the blade turned out and not yet reliquished.

Lleufer and the rest are coming up behind as Dreyer subdues Mark and Kapali speaks. Ynyr looks around, rifle still up but has no targets so he lowers it, "Oracle is probably elsewhere. Protected or getting the hell out. We need to find that capacitor whether we go to look for her or not." So, Ynyr looks to Randy to see if Flynn looks badly hurt or not and waits for Flynn or Dreyer to give the orders.

"Got the man subdued. O'Connell, Ynyr, either of you got ties on you? We're taking him back to Spree." Dreyer doesn't rise. The man is injured, but he's not taking any chances. For Kapali, there's a sort of grunt. "Oracle is probably deeper in this place. Anyone leading nutjobs like this wouldn't put themselves in danger." He draws a breath and it hitches, his hand dropping to his abdomen. It comes away with blood and Anton frowns, before glancing up at Randy. "Flynn, your call. We can find this Oracle, or grab what we need and go and let Spree's people take care of things."

Ties? Why use those when she has a good set of metal handcuffs on her person. Grinning toothily in a near-feral display, Brina helps Dreyer cuff him and then she stands off to the back.

"We need to stick to the mission," Randy says decisively. "We don't know what kind of fortifications or traps this Oracle has, and likely the most fanatical followers will be there. Besides, it'd be next to impossible to capture her alive in a storming situation. Folks like that need to be lured or they'll just off themselves. Let's get what we came for, drop this bastard off with Spree to be patched up and questioned for information, and then get home." She nods to Dreyer.

Moving to stand near Sgt Flynn, Kapali pans the room again before she shares a brief, if somewhat fierce, grin with the Sergeant. "See, kept my promise," she reminds the sergeant with a tip of her head in a nod. "Lets do this," she chimes in.

Randy smirks, "Congrats. You aren't being promoted."

Kapali hoots out a burst of laughter and casually extends one hand toward the Sergeant, fist curled for a knuckle-tap. "Damn straight, Sergeant, damn straight."

Lleufer watches Brina cuff the guy, notices Dreyer has been shot, then nods to Randy, "Good call. We have wounded. Spree can deal with the Oracle or they can send us back later. Let's get it." O'Connell can tend to their prisoner and he can assist with carrying this thing out back to their LZ as soon as they find it…

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License