PWD #06: Punching is the Best Medicine
Punching is the Best Medicine
Summary: Ceres and Augie have a spar and get better acquainted.
Date: 29/12/2012 (OOC Date)
Related Logs: None
Augie Ceres Gwen Phin Duke 
Fitness Center - Deck 3 - Battlestar Orion
Smelling of sweat and grease, the Fitness Center is a place where individuals can come to work out or just work off stress. The area closest to the entrance is taken up by two very large sparring pads with a pathway down the center, each pad removable to reveal a Pyramid court beneath. The walls beside the pads hold lockers for everything from pugilist sticks to boxing gloves to rubber guns, though deadly weapons are strictly prohibited in here except by authorized personnel such as on-duty Military Police. Standing goalposts for Pyramid are also kept against the wall. Past the pads are a vast number of nautilus machines as well as free weights to lift. At the back of the room are workout bikes, rowing machines, treadmills, and stairclimbers. There is an entrance to the pool at the rear as well as a locker room to the side.
PWD #06

With most of the ship still in billets and sleeping off hangovers or the early duties already out and about, some folks are still freed up. Augie did not get pasted last night and after a night out, he got some downtime. But he's easily a man of routine and habit. Which is why the large man can be found in the gym this morning, going blow to blow with a massive punching bag, dust kicking off of it with every blow he throws into it.

Another took advantage of a quiet ship and is up now, heading into the fitness room with a towel around her neck. Redux rolls her shoulders and looks about, as always seeming to be a bit moody, grumpy if one will as her scowl sits across her lips. Grumbling to herself, she eyes Augie and then starts his way. "Room for another?" The thin Viper pilot looks like she might break in half if she were to go against even one of the bags. Tossing the towel off to the side, she rolls her shoulders and stretches.

"'ey, Reducks." Augie always mangles her callsign as she strolls over. "Sure thing. Ya want the bag?" he asks, and then chuckles. "Last time I offered it to a gal, she said she wanted to try me. And then puked on my shoes." A chuckle at that as he throws in a few more combinations. "What's got ya punchy this morning? Someone put too much startch in yer sheets?"

"Nice.." is the reply in regards to the mangling of her callsign, a sigh escaping her. She runs her hands up and over her hair to settle it a bit more tightly against her skull. The punching bag gets a long look and then she sizes up the old engineer. "Lets give you a go, I promise not to puke." Her constitution is a bit better than all that. She cracks her knuckles, moving back and forth between her feet.

"Alright, your choice. Wanna sign the standard waiver?" Augie asks with a chuckle. He keeps the heavy gloves and headgear on, turning towards the lithe pilot. He settles on the balls of his feet. "Want the gloves, are ya gonna try to barehand me, Ducks? And if ya do puke, I ain't cleaning it up." he asks her. A crooked little grin is offered from the large DC officer.

"Gods no," Ceres quips back. "I am not that gone in the head yet." Stepping off to the side and pulls on a set of gloves. Flexing her hands into them, she adjusts her headgear and steps back, turning to look at him. "You don't have to worry about that, I will clean it up." She smirks and lifts her hands, readying herself to engage. "You first." she nods at him, motioning him onward with a glove.

He gives a throaty chuckle. "Good, good." he responds to her, before Augie smirks. "Awww, that's sweet. Age before beauty." the large, probably ugly to most Engineer comments as he moves towards the pilot. He's large, but he's also lumbering, which will probably be to Ceres' advantage. However, he doesn't telegraph where the punch may come from, testing the waters with a few feints and steps at her before he finally leads in for the opening strike.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Augie=melee Vs Ceres=melee
Augie: Good Success
Ceres: Success
Net Result: Augie wins - Solid Victory

Smirking at him, she bows slightly, but there is that deadly scowl resurfacing again and she focuses. Whatever is eating her starts to take its place and her arms lift, remaining as a safeguard against his feints, her feet carrying her back and forth quickly to try to bob and weave around. But as he makes his strike, she has left her side open and feels the impact against her arm and upper chest. She grunts and with a wild swing tries to get a right hook in towards his face.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Ceres=melee Vs Augie=melee
Ceres: Success
Augie: Good Success
Net Result: Augie wins - Marginal Victory

"Ya gonna talk about it or flail at me ineffectively?" Augie says, a grunt of satisfaction as his fist collides with her and jerks backwards to prepare for another strike. As Ceres comes charging in with a wild swing, Augie brings up his arm, using it to catch and block her arm. "I think this is the first time I didn't do it, Ducks, so that means ya can yell at me and I prolly won't give a shit."

With that so-subtle prompting, Augie watches her stance and eyes, judging which way she's gonna go. The southpaw jabs at the side of Ceres' helmet, looking to put pad to pad and rattle her just a little. She went for the face, payback's only fair.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Augie=melee Vs Ceres=melee
Augie: Good Success
Ceres: Success
Net Result: Augie wins - Solid Victory

That clock to the side of her head is warranted, yes, but Ceres growls a bit and rebounds after a step back. "What good does it do to talk..this is much better." The pilot says, letting a huff of air as her next strike goes wide because of how off-center she is. She mvoes to her left foot and swings, going wild and nearly stumbling over herself as she tries to compensate. A sharp intake of breath and she curses below her breath trying to right herself before he takes advantage of her overstep.

"Because, lass. That ball of piss and vinegar in the center of yer soul ain't gonna sweat itself out, unless ya let it go." Augie points out. He steps aside of her blow, but even as she's stumbling and flailing and trying to right herself, the Engineer does not press the attack. And she can probably tell when he's throwing his punches, there's no real power to it. He can hit like a brick shithouse on a Tauron farm, but he's keeping it to light jabs and body blows. Toying with her? Maybe, maybe just keeping her moving and thinking.

"And lets be honest. Who the frak am I gonna share it with? Noone on this frakkin' tub calls me their BFF. Hell, even the gal I shack up with now and again keeps it just as a time to get a good frakkin', and not much else. So spill, Ceres, before I start trying to smack it outta ya." A wink at that as he bounces backwards on his feet, keeping his gloves up in defense, but not striking her until she charges in again.

Finally righting herself, Ceres glares at him. He's the current outlet at the moment for that bile in her stomach that seems to be curling everything else about her. "Why the frak do you care?" Redux spits back at him, catching her breath and flexing her fingers, pushing her gloves on a bit more snuggly. She lets out a short laugh, clipped and wry as she glances from him to the mat and back up again. "Better to keep things simple and uncomplicated with others. Shacking up is your best bet and not seeking anything else." She shakes her head and lifts her hands again, taking a moment to bob back and forth and then slips in, trying to land a blow at his chest.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Ceres=melee Vs Augie=melee
Ceres: Failure
Augie: Success
Net Result: Augie wins - Marginal Victory

Augie's hands move, much faster that the large man lets on. Blocking yet another blow. "Not to mention, your pissing and internal moaning ain't doing crap for your fighting skill." he points out to her. "Hades, lass, ain't a damn thing wrong with simple and uncomplicated. All that complicated shit is for the Jiggly Triplets." Lennox, Yggy, and Kelsey, no doubt. "I perfer there to be no strings, and cards out on the table. You just want to have a good tumble, hoo-frakkin-ha." he shrugs, and lifts a glove, gesturing her forward. Come get some. She won't talk, he'll just continue to taunt and smack her around.

Gods the man is frustrating and she lets out a long breath. "Right, simple, no strings…except those strings always appear, don't they?" Oh, he's getting her to talk but not all at once. Smack her around he will because she is no where near the ability she needs to take him down. She lets out a swing, trying to do an upswing towards his chin, throwing her weight into it and twisting her body into the blow. There is no sense of true knowledge in the matter of brawling with how she throws herself relentlessly into it.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Ceres=melee Vs Augie=melee
Ceres: Good Success
Augie: Amazing Success
Net Result: Augie wins - Crushing Victory

"Strings only appear if you don't nip them in the bud to begin with." Augie says, starting to sense the root of the problem and digs towards it. "He told ya he loves ya? Or wants to marry ya or some stupid sentimential shit like that?" Who he is? Hell, he doesn't know. Maybe. He just digs right into that wound.

As she rumbles in, Augie just lets out a breath. "Your telegraphin' more than a whore in the red light in Caprica City." He comments. A feint is made to draw her in, and when she goes for that uppercut, he actually moves into it, killing any strength that she had with it, and aims a good, sharp punch at her side.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Augie=melee Vs Ceres=melee
Augie: Good Success
Ceres: Good Success
Net Result: Augie wins - Marginal Victory

"Yeah..something like that." Ceres admits just as wildly as her punch has gone. She steps in close, her foot twisting to try to aid her. "Frak you, piss-ant." She growls for his comments about her. She's getting more than prickly now but that glancing blow to her side steals some of her breath and leaves her coughing. Staying close, she slams both of her gloves hands towards his chest. "He frakkin asked me to go back to Caprica with him." She has yet to name this man, but its feeding that inner hunger to strike.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Ceres=melee Vs Augie=melee
Ceres: Failure
Augie: Good Success
Net Result: Augie wins - Solid Victory

"Awww, shit lass." Augie says, even as she ends up more ineffectively slamming her hands into his chest, and he remains in place for a moment before he starts to move backwards again, so she can continue to go for it, if she wants. "Like a permament, let's go make lots of ducklets type bullshit, or come meet my parents type bullshit?" he asks her, and drops the insults for now. Instead, he sticks to what he senses is a little bit more important than her skills at fighting. Because there may be no help for those.

Breathing heavily, Ceres stares at his chest and then looks at up to meet his gaze. "More like meet my son and stay with me. Its a precursor to ducklets and rings..and parents…" She says. "I didn't cut the string fast enough." Or maybe she did and it hurts like hell. She growls faintly and turns, waving him off. "Doesn't frakkin matter." She still is gasping, breathing in and out deeply to try to fill her lungs. She turns on him suddenly and motions him on. "Fight me."

He draws in a few breaths. Augie's got a sweat worked up, but he seems to be in good condition. He considers her for a moment. Yeah, just what she needs, a fight on two fronts. "Is that what ya want?" he finally decides to ask her point blank. "Plenty of folks when they start gettin close to my age, start to think that no strings might should have a safety net." he grunts, and obligies.

Raising his hands, he moves towards her, and starts to actually telegraph what he's doing. A right jab is quickly followed by a left hook as he pushes in close against the pilot, using his size and weight advantage to start forcing her back, and keep her completely off-balace."

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Augie=melee Vs Ceres=melee
Augie: Good Success
Ceres: Success
Net Result: Augie wins - Solid Victory

"No, its not what I want…I don't want to be looked to for anything save my duty…" Ceres declares and nearly chokeso n her words as he steps into her to strike. Her eyes widen a moment and one blow sends her staggering to the side. Back pedaling, her arms come up to block for herself and try to throw a jab but he keeps her rather pinned. One step is followed by another to keep her going back and back.

Off-balance is an understatement as she tries to twist and takes the blows, to take the projections of his body forward and towards her's. She'd not a big woman and he easily sets her back.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Ceres=melee Vs Augie=melee
Ceres: Failure
Augie: Good Success
Net Result: Augie wins - Solid Victory

"Then what the frak are you so pissed off about. Tell him that shit, and make sure he understands the rules." Augie says. As she tries to twist and swing, he presses harder, bulldoging her back further, pushing her towards a nearby wall as he does so. "Come on gal, get the shit outta yer system. Either ya wanna or ya don't." he demands of her.

And those strikes keep coming, body blow followed by body blow. He works towards her mid-section easily enough, before once he feels he has her completely off balance, ends in a fast, sharp, hard uppercut aimed at the pilot's chin.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Augie=melee Vs Ceres=melee
Augie: Success
Ceres: Failure
Net Result: Augie wins - Marginal Victory

No room to reply as she is hounded by his punches and as the one hits her side, opening up her chin for the last blow, Ceres lets out a grunt as it lands. She teeters and falls backwards, losing her footing as she spills to the floor, dazed. The room spins and true to her word, she manages not to toss her cookies. Rolling to her side, she stays there a moment on her hip and pushes herself up, sucking in breath.

"I did." She told him. She rests there a moment, letting the world come to a stop.

Tag. Root of problem. "Second thoughts? Regrets? Have ya taken time to think on it?" Augie asks, letting her rest there, and steps away to grab a bottle of water. Squirting a slush of it into his mouth, he offers it to Ceres, before he squats down in front of her. "Take it he didn't like ya reinforcing the rules?"

Quiet. She's quiet at first and when that water is offered to her and the engineer gets down in her face, she looks up at him and grunts. Taking a drink, she slowly gets to a sitting position and runs a hand up to snag off her headgear and let it drop to the floor. A full gulp of water and she sighs, "Look, he was fine with the rules…but once someone says something like that, its a permanent thing. He's always thinking it, wanting it…better to just cut if off before it has time to fester." She hands the water back to him and wipes the back of her glove to her lips.

"Yeah. It's like frakkin a gal without protection. Once they seed drips out, yer stuck with it forever." Augie and his vulgar comparisons, really. He takes the bottle of water and sets it aside. "And yer worried now that even when he's with you if he's going to just reopen that wound and try again to convince you that he's right?" he asks her.

"He's not with me, that's the real problem," Ceres grumbles. Woman needs laid apparently. She shakes her head and lets out a cut laugh, something wry again. "We don't even talk. Likely better that way. Man is sensible and sweet, deserves a woman that can give him all he wants. That just isn't me." She murmurs, starting to push herself up. "Like I said, simple without strings."

"Yeah, I can follow that." Augie's probably totally simple and without strings as well. Offering his hand to her to help her up. "If he's gonna shove his head up his ass because he can't handle what you want, then he's not worth it. Ain't no compromise in that shit." he chuckles, a throaty, gravelly tone in his voice. "Let him go. He comes back, accpets the rules, he's worth it. If not? Frak him."

"Yeah…" Ceres sounds a bit guilty though, "I won't let him. He does deserve someone, I won't let him back." She smirks up at him. "Protecting him really in the long run." She eyes Augie a moment and then nods her head. "Thanks for the bruises, I am sure it will help keep me distracted long enough not to growl at everyone…or maybe it will make it worse." She mutters and then smirks some. Hesitating, she bumps her hand into his arm. "One more round? Or have I gotten you all worked up?"

——

Gwen arrives from the Recreation Hall.
Gwen has arrived.

"Depends on what ya mean by worked up." Augie comments in a teasing lit, before he settles, kicking Ceres' helmet back towards her. "Ya ain't even got me sweating good yet." he points out to her as the Engineer settles back into a relaxed stance. "Unless yer still telegraphin that yer putting out like a drunk sorority girl at homecomin'."

The Engineer and the Pilot are off in the corner, but strolling back to the brawling ring that they have claimed as theirs. They both have a good sweat going and breathing in small pants, but apparently decided break time is over.

Phin arrives from the Recreation Hall.
Phin has arrived.

"Frak you…" Ceres would flip him off if she could but the gloves make it a little difficult. She grabs up that helmet and awkwardly puts it on her head and settles it down with a tap or two. "I don't drink, so that is a bit of a misnomer." Her hands lift and she switches up her footing as she glances at the older officer. She rolls her shoulders back. "Lets see if I can get you sweating." A light smirk and some of her surliness is gone.

Ceres steps in, trying to weave back and forth and lay a blow towards his side.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Ceres=melee Vs Augie=melee
Ceres: Success
Augie: Good Success
Net Result: Augie wins - Solid Victory

Enter Gwendolyn "Fatso" Song, ECO come-lately, spritely in step and about the size of an afterthought. She's already stripped down to the waist, wearing the reg sports-bra that's common workout gear. Towel, check. Bottle of water almost as big as she is, check. She smirks at the exchange she orverhears on entering, watching the sparring pair with bright, dark eyes as she selects a treadmill near the mats.

Phin is walking out of the pool area. He also has a towel draped around his neck, though he's using it to sort of rub at his hair to dry it. He's redressed himself in a tank top and sweat pants, so he's not just wandering the ship in swim trunks. He picks out a mat to do some cool-down stretching on, though when he spots Ceres and Augie sparring he mostly just rubbernecks that.

"That's what she said." Augie rumbles. Did he just? Yes he did. "Oh come on, Ducky." From Ducks to Ducky, now he's really taunting Ceres, as Augie backs, letting her punches fall short, or miss completely. "Yer gonna have to try harder and work harder than that if ya wanna make me sweat." he comments to the woman, "Would you frakkin' hit like you mean it, instead of some prissy ass'd schoolboy that's trying to get a girl's attention. The frakkin' Doctor hit harder than you."

Even as she moves in, again, Augie goes back on the attack. Except this time, it's not holding back. She got the problem out of her system, now it's time for a good hard pounding. A sharp blow is aimed at Ceres' midsection to try to push her back. "Again!" he demands of her.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Augie=melee Vs Ceres=melee
Augie: Good Success
Ceres: Failure
Net Result: Augie wins - Solid Victory

Looks like interval training on the treadmill. What begins at a rational pace, an easy lope, a jog, a run, escalates to a flat out sprint that goes a good mile. The banter between combatants has the tiny brunette grinning almost savagely, though she seems to kind of trance out at the peak of her run, slowly coming back to herself as the machine beeps several shrill warnings to indicate the belt's beginning to slow. She breathes, lopes, and begins to pick up speed again.

That gut punch lands and hard as her eyes widen and Ceres stares hard at him, wheezing, she coughs and retorts back, "I could make you sweat in more ways than one, probably use a few muscles you likely forgot you had." She growls a bit and with a reinforced will, she steps in, not even noticing the two voyeurs they have picked up along the way.

Her teeth grit and shoulder sways in as her whole body twists into the strike that connects all the way through her arm to her glove.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Ceres=melee Vs Augie=melee
Ceres: Failure
Augie: Good Success
Net Result: Augie wins - Solid Victory

"Lay him out, Redux," Phin calls. More watching that than stretching now, though he's still kind of doing that. The mat he's placed himself on isn't far from Gwen's treadmill, so he offers the slim woman a polite nod. Mostly, though, he's watching the boxing.

"I'm sure you could try, Ducky, but you'd probably hurt yourself in the process." Augie responds as she strikes him the stomach and he grunts, stepping back. "Finally, yer hittin like a woman instead of a girl worrying that she's gonna break the little stick in her boyfriend's pants!" he grins dangerously at her. "You think this workout's hard.. find me in the head later."

Leaving that in the air, Augie steps back and like the true knuckledraggin' neandrathal that he is, he beats on his chest. "Come on, Ducky, come get it!"

Augie also gives a grunt at Phin. "Bet she hits harder than you do, pretty boy." he snorts, gesturing to Gwen. "She could probably kick yer stick ridin' ass."

Gwen, meanwhile, is intent entirely on the fracas taking place on the mat — tunnel vision. She may not even be seeing that when she gets up to that top-speed stretch. So seems like she misses Phin's nod. She's enjoying she show, though — her grin toothy and wide and bearing all her little teeth.

"I am trying Dolly, he just doesn't know how to lay back and take it like a man. Think of the colonies or something." Redux says and doesn't take her eyes off Augie. In fact she grins a bit, "Come get it? Like everyone else on this ship. Bet it doesn't work."

That's a lot of trash talk considering how shitty she punches. She shifts forward and lets loose another punch in an attempt to land a blow and cause him to eat his words.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Ceres=melee Vs Augie=melee
Ceres: Failure
Augie: Good Success
Net Result: Augie wins - Solid Victory

Phin laughs out a short "Heh" at Augie's comment, smirking after a side look to Gwen. "Maybe, sir. I've never been much on boxing. I mostly try to avoid getting hit." He's not a puny guy, but he had no trouble getting in under the minimum height and weight requirements to jock a Viper. He winces some at how the little match is going. Not that he stops watching.

"I like to be part of the action. Layin' back's for the whores in Caprica City and men that don't know how to work you over properly, like a man should." Augie grins at that, even as he brings up his glove to catch the punch that Ceres aims at him. And holds her there. "Sec." Yes, he actually holds her in place as he jerks his head around to Phin.

"Yeah, well maybe you should try some arm exercises other than pulling yer stick." he offers to Phin, a smirk on his lips as he finally releases Cere's glove. "Want me to put a flag on yer head and do it fer the colonies?" he asks point blank and then pulls his punch. Why? Because he aims for that cute little nose of hers.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Augie=melee Vs Ceres=melee
Augie: Success
Ceres: Good Success
Net Result: Ceres wins - Marginal Victory

Cooling down from another sprint, Gwen flicks her wet bangs out of her eyes and glances at Phin with a smirk. Dolly, huh? She winks, then licks the sweat of her upper lip and re-focuses on the machine. Time. To. Run.

What the? She stares at Augie and it gives her a chance to regain a better footing. "I am not as easy as your last conquests." She growls back so that when his gloves comes in, she lifts her hand to send it astray and dips to the side. A grin only has moments to spread to her lips before she brings her glove in to try to catch his one arm high and get him in the chest.

"Maybe if you are lucky." She adds and there is a twist on her feet to try to add to the momentum.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Ceres=melee Vs Augie=melee
Ceres: Failure
Augie: Good Success
Net Result: Augie wins - Solid Victory

Phin smirks back at Augie. "It's good for your grip," he replies. Not that he's doing that now. He sits on the mat, stretching his legs out so he has to bend over to touch his toes. Head still tilted to watch the fisticuffs.

For a moment, Augie is off-balance. "Well — shit, I love the hard to get ones. They play rougher." he comments as he realizes that he didn't get his way with her for once. As he twists with her, he lets Ceres slip by him and come to his side. "..if yer lucky, I might." he points out.

And then his left arm.. proving he's a southpaw, drives straight into ther stomach, to try to lift the pilot right off the ground.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Augie=melee Vs Ceres=melee
Augie: Good Success
Ceres: Success
Net Result: Augie wins - Marginal Victory

Faster. And faster. And faster still. Gwen sweeps her fingertips over the controls so the peak interval keeps going. She breathes hard, nostrils flaring, attention narrowed to a pinpoint in the unseen distance. Bodies gives out. Hers will, too. Seems like she's not going to slow down this time until it does.

"Good luck…it seems you shall be waiting forever in the head," Ceres quips and grins, though its short lived as he lands that solid blow into her side. It doesn't quite lift her off her feet but it does send her staggering a step or two, the wind gone out of her as her body cramps up and causes a sharp pain where he caught her. "Frak!" She declares and winces, turning about and somewhat crippled in movement.

It does not stop her, just fuels her onward and she steps in close, attempting to use that tiny space to her advantage.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Ceres=melee Vs Augie=melee
Ceres: Success
Augie: Good Success
Net Result: Augie wins - Marginal Victory

Augie continues to move. He's not a slow target, for such a large target. "If you frak like you fight, I might not be missing much." Oh hell, he just went there. He gives her a grin, even as he winds up as she closes the distance, and as she tries to use the tiny space, he barrels against her. The same bulldogging style that he did to her earlier that brought her to being on the floor in a sweaty, hot pile. But we won't go further into that.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Augie=melee Vs Ceres=melee
Augie: Success
Ceres: Good Success
Net Result: Ceres wins - Solid Victory

Phin is on one of the mats, stretching. His hair is wet and he looks like he's recently come from the pool, though he's redressed himself in sweat pants and a tank top. Gwen is working a tread mill. Augie and Ceres are beating one another up.

"The fact you don't know what you are missing says enough," Ceres growls back, showing a pair of white teeth. That rush he makes at her is expected the second time around and she is quick, lithe and dodges to the right, letting him brush past her before her arm winds back and she goes for a kidney shot, her hand twisting as she grins to herself, hoping to use that little opening to her advantage.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Ceres=melee Vs Augie=melee
Ceres: Failure
Augie: Good Success
Net Result: Augie wins - Solid Victory

Gwen emits a little cry as something, body or will, decides she's sprinted full-force as far as the gods will let her. Today. Her hands clutch at the arm holds, feet shifting to the runners on either side of the tread. Those skinny legs are just spaghetti — gawn, long gawn. Her body shakes and heaves as she drags in air, sweat traveling in rivulets down her breastbone, dripping from her nose and chin. She shuts her eyes. Just breathe.

Augie over-compensates, "No, you don't know what you're mising." he retorts, and as she aims for his kidney, he continues forward. He lets that momentum carry him through and twists as she swings. She goes past, like ships in the night.

And Augie sets up. Winds up. That massive left handed paw comes up, just waiting for Ceres to turn back towards him, and then the blow comes flying in from somewhere back on Tauron towards her.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Augie=melee Vs Ceres=melee
Augie: Success
Ceres: Success
Net Result: DRAW

She misses. Even goes so far as to stumble because of the weight she was putting behind that strike for his kidney. All is well for our intrepid heroine getting her ass handed to her until she turns. She brings her arm up in time to catch part of his arm and push itout of the way just before it knicks her good and solid under the chin. She smirks a bit, but her heart just skipped a beat or two. Pushing his arm down, or trying to, she brings a punch up and over his arm for his face. "Well I wonder why you are hesitating to show me then."

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Ceres=melee Vs Augie=melee
Ceres: Good Success
Augie: Good Success
Net Result: Augie wins - Marginal Victory

"C'mon…" Phin mutters. Under his breath, but it's some kind of encouragement for Ceres to succeed in her punching. For his part he's still comfortably sitting on the floor, one arm stretched down toward his feet. Post-swim cool-down stretches. He doesn't straighten when he hears Gwen squeak, but he does turn his head abruptly. "Uh…you OK up there?"

Duke arrives from the Recreation Hall.
Duke has arrived.

"Yer the one that just spilled yer guts." Augie says, apparently forgetting they had an audience as they dance around. The knick against her chin is noted, and not really in a position to swing again, he tries to push her roughly up against the wall and collide with her into it. He's panting a bit heavier, she did promise a workout and they both have it going at the moment. "You show me yers, I'll show you mine." he comments when they're nearly nose to nose and he starts to pull back, trying to get back the distance that gives his reach that advantage he needs.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Augie=melee Vs Ceres=melee
Augie: Good Success
Ceres: Good Success
Net Result: DRAW

A crooked grin marks her lips as she slides back up against the wall, but nothing near pinned as he gets into her face. The smaller viper pilot huffs a laugh and lifts her brows. "Oh really…" She mutters beneath her breath and there is a looks of mischief, which is a very good difference from her surliness earlier. Just as he starts to back off, she pushes down at his gloves to get her and advantage as she presses her lips to his in an attempt to catch him off-guard, using her back foot to propel her forward.

At the moment, Ceres and Augie are fighting with gloves on the mats, now possibly kissing if her attempt at distraction works. Gwen is having spaghetti legs from her treadmill and Phin is currently stretching.

Gwen turns her head, all wobby-legged and foggy-eyed, blinking at Phin through a fog. "Huh?" she asks, when she finally has breath enough to put volume on a syllable. She exhales an almost silent laugh, nodding. "Oh. Aphrodite frak me, yes. I'm lovely. You?" She flashes the Viper pilot a big, loopy, almost post-coital smile.

Stepping in from the outside, Jason looks around for a few moments now. Dressed for some physical exercise, he pauses for a few moments as he sees the people present, before he moves further into the room, in the direction of the threadmills now. Pausing to watch the fight for now, it seems.

Getting ready for some treadmill time, Duke walks inside the Fitness Room, already looking around to see who's gathered here. As he finds the people training, he approaches them, carrying his towel on his shoulder. Raptor people, Viper people, Engineering folks…a nice crowd indeed. The man offers a couple nods as a greeting but doesn't say anything.

Augie was about to make another smart-arse comment, before Ceres gets her hands on him and pushes. His feet twists into hers and she knocks him over, the Viper pilot coming down with him. And then she throws in the other part of the distraction.

That's one way to shut up the foul-mouthed Engineer, as her lips claim his and he kisses her right back, a little swat against her side. He's trying not to give up too easily here.

A tangled mess, one fed by jabs and innuendos alike that have culminated in this beautiful image before you (Or not depending on how you feel about it). Ceres smirks a bit, laughing some as she shifts and gives him a grin. "Gotcha…" That tap at her side has her rising, still using her position to throw her gloves to the air. A minor triumph considering how many hits she's taken. Winking down at him, she then leans over and says very plainly. "Do you give?" She asks.

Gwen laughs brightly, stretching her arms above her head and slicking back her hair. "All right, you pair," she pitches her poshy-proper Imperial Virgon voice to carry. "You've both got berths. Use them as the Lords intended." Once she can trust her legs again, she hops down from the treadmill and kills the interval program, taking a moment to wipe down the machine.

"Do you take?" Augie smirks up at Ceres, he'd be able to easily lift the woman off of him, but he doesn't, instead he starts to laugh. "Using your whiles is not fair." he points out, but he seems utterly amused as he lifts off his own helmet. "I yield."

Duke tilts his head at the finishing moment of that err…fight. He nods a couple times and then he just takes a deep breath "Is that the fighting stuff you wanted to pull on me, Augie?" says the man with a smirk. Then again, he turns around and makes his way towards the treadmill, running his fingers over his hair. Now, he starts setting his saved program in the treadmill and takes a sip from his water.

Phin's brows go up at Gwen, and her reaction to her post-workout. "Oooooookay…" He does not ask anymore questions about it. Half his attention is still on the match between the pilot and engineer, and the direction it's going makes him do some more wincing.

An amused press of lips and Ceres rises off of him, pushing her helmet off with a light nod offered to his question. Pressing it to her hip. Duke's comment brings her attention and Cere's smile slips a little before she nods to him. Rolling her shoulders back, she eyes Augie then. "You want another round or are we good with me winning this one on a technicality?" Her grins becomes a bit wolfish. Aggression and frustrations worked out, she shakes her dark ponytail away, the back of her wrist to her forehead.

Jason shakes his head a little now as he watches how things went with that fight. "Why doesn't any of my spars end that way?" he comments to nobody in particular, shaking his head a little more, before moving a bit further in the direction of the treadmills, moving a bit slowly for now.

"Draw on rounds, we'll have a tiebreaker later." Finally she wore him down as he rises to his feet. And with that, he starts to slips off his gloves and police up his gear. "I need to grab a quick washdown before my shift. Hey Duke." Offered to the CAG, before a nod of his head, and he starts on his way out.

Poor Phin gets a big, toothy grin from the tiny Gwen. She wipes her face and scrubs her hair with the towel, letting it drape over her shoulers as she taking several long swallows from her bottle of water. Then, eyes bright with pixie mischief, the doll-size girl strolls over beside the doll-pretty boy, saying, "It's all chemistry, you know. Chocolate, laughter, orgasms — and pushing your physical limits." Another sip of water. "You might be doing it wrong."

Duke returns the nod to Augie as he marches towards the showers and offers "Hey Augie." He looks at the program on the treadmill and stops it, considering a few options before stepping down, shaking his head and just getting his towel again "Maybe some more work" says Duke, pretty much to himself before he starts making his way out.

"Glad to hear that you can take reason when its handed to you." Ceres says and fans a hand through her sweaty hair and clears her throat. "Hopefully next time you will let me get in a few more hits." Its a roundabout way of complimenting Augie. She begins to tug off her own gloves and set down the helmet and gear aside to be cleaned and put back out for others. Reaching for her towel, she lifts it and wraps it around her neck wiping at her face. She catches the quick departure of Duke and straightens up a little, glancing towards Augie and then the CAG before she wipes at her face again.

Phin lets out another of those short "Heh" laughs to Gwen. "Could be," he replies simply with a grin. Not that he sounds overly concerned. A quick "Hey, sir" is offered to Duke as the DCAG passes.

Gwen cranes and lifts a hand to Duke, as well. "Still waiting for that quick and painful one-on-one, sir," she reminds him. "Don't forget me."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License